Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Windows 8 Crash / BlueScreen / BSOD using Internet Connection Sharing /Tethering with Nokia Lumia 920 WP8 smartphone

Today i used the Internet sharing function on my Nokia Lumia 920 WP8 phone to browse the web from my Windows 8 laptop computer (Dell M1330, Windows 8 64bit).
A few seconds after opening the Internet Explorer 10, my PC showed the Blue Screen Error BSOD  (The error is Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal, caused by netwlv64.sys) and rebooted. This was repeatable, rebooting both devices did not help.

How-I-fixed-it:
I found the right hint here:
http://gadgets.itwriting.com/1986-fixing-blue-screen-using-internet-connection-sharing-in-windows-phone-8.html

I'm just citing this solution here:

Reboot, and before you connect to the Lumia 920 WLAN (or before it crashes), view the properties of the wireless connection. Click Advanced, and enable Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) for the connection. That worked for me and i did not see the BSOD again.



1 comment:

  1. This also worked on my Dell E6430 Windows 7 machine.

    ReplyDelete